| Home |
| Operations |
| People |
| Photos |
| Videos |
| AAT Home |
This is were you will be able to find
Published documents of interest | relating to Antarctica, Heard and McDonald Islands and Macquarie Island
Historical - Australian Antarctic Territory
Historical - Heard and McDonald Islands
- Expedition to the Australian territory of HEARD & McDONALD ISLANDS , 1980 with photos courtesy Ted Graham (several by John Manning of Walrus aircraft recovery identified individually), plus additional photos.
- The Heard Island Walrus (RAAF Supermarine Walrus 11 HD874 Snow Goose) by Laurie McLean.
Historical - Macquarie Island
- Macquarie Island Survey Program, Field Work Report, November-December 1996.
Published documents of interest
- Mapping a Stateless Continent, a 2017 paper by John Manning, in which he described Antarctica as a stateless continent never having had an indigenous population, nor a permanent colonial occupation that exercised political or economic control. Consequently, it has had no clear single ownership or governance, and mapping has come from a number of contributing sources.
- The influence of individuals in the shaping of Australian Antarctic policy 1900-1991 by Dr John Manning is available via this link.
- July 1997 article on Syd Kirkby.
- Syd Kirkby, Australian surveyor and Antarctic explorer, on the Australian Antarctic Division's website.
- Syd Kirkby, Australian surveyor and Antarctic explorer.